Skip to main content
Los Angeles Immigration Lawyers:
Helping US businesses compete globally
Helping immigrants achieve the American dream

E-3 Australian Specialty Occupation

The E-3 Visa is a fairly new visa and is currently only available to “nationals of the Commonwealth of Australia” who are coming to the United States “solely to perform services in a specialty occupation.”

For purposes of the E-3 visa, “specialty occupation” has the same definition as it does for H-1B visas: “an occupation that requires theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge, and attainment of a bachelor’s or higher degree in the specific specialty as a minimum for entry into the occupation in the United States.”

Like the H-1B visa, E-3 visas require the filing of a Labor Condition Application with the US Department of Labor (LCA), and payment of the prevailing wage.

E-3 visas are valid for the validity period of the LCA, and is generally granted for a period of two years.

Unlike the H-1B visa, the E-3 visa can be renewed indefinitely.

Call our office to get started: (213) 622-2255.