Skip to main content
Los Angeles Immigration Lawyers:
Helping US businesses compete globally
Helping immigrants achieve the American dream

B-1/B-2 Visa

The B-1/B-2 visa is the general visitor visa and the most commonly used visa to come to the US.

When the entry to the US is for business purposes, you would be admitted as a B-1 visitor for the expected length of time required for the business purposes.

When the entry to the US is for pleasure/vacation, you would be admitted for a period of six months.

These visa require a non-immigrant intent and do not allow employment in the United States.

In order to apply for a B-1/B-2 visa, the applicant must establish, to the consular officer’s satisfaction, that they intend to return home from their trip to the US. In order to do so, the applicant will need to establish that his/her ties to the home country are strong–having immediate family in the country, having a job, having property, etc. The applicant will also have to establish the purpose of the trip.