Skip to main content
Los Angeles Immigration Lawyers:
Helping US businesses compete globally
Helping immigrants achieve the American dream

Do I qualify for 245(i)?

245(i) is a section of the law that can allow a person to file for adjustment of status and get the green card in the US even if they are out of status or entered the US illegally.

In order to qualify for 245(i), the person must have been in the US on December 21, 2000, must have had a petition filed for them on or before April 30, 2001, and that petition most have been approvable when filed. Only if all these conditions are met, is the person qualified for 245(i).

A person who qualifies for 245(i) must still have a valid petition, whether family based or employment based, that would be the basis for the green card.