Skip to main content
Los Angeles Immigration Lawyers:
Helping US businesses compete globally
Helping immigrants achieve the American dream

My I-94 is expiring. Can I change my status to B-2?

Technically, you can.

However, in order to change your status to B-2, you will have to convince USCIS that the requested change is not just a means of extending your status in the US. You will have to establish why, whatever it is that you want to accomplish with the B-2 visa (visit tourist sites, etc.), could not have been accomplished while you were on your previous visa. The outcome of the case therefore depends on the facts and on the officer that adjudicates it.